Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Au revoir Deluxe, hello Electronovision

The business cards did not arrive back from the printer in time for ShoWest, the e-mail took me forever to sort and Vodafone takes a week to migrate numbers even internally, but now it is done. I can proudly announce my new venture. Having spent eight years reading, digesting, breathing and living digital cinema for three great and best-in-class companies (Screen Digest, Unique Digital and Deluxe) I have now outsourced my expertise and am about to sell it back to the industry though Electronovision Consulting.


Does the world need another digital cinema consultancy? No - but it does need electronovision, i.e. the ability to see clearly in the digital landscape. As my former US boss and mentor Steve Bergman put it, digital cinema is 'big drama, little money'. Most of the companies fighting to get into or stay in this small market will not make it. If you are going to succeed in the long run you cannot expect to do business as you have in other markets or as you used to do it in the film/cinema market.

Already I have my first client and it's none other than my old friends at Unique Digital. We have just come back from a very productive trip to LA and ShoWest, more about which I will come to in a later posting. So expect to see me around and if you want to get in touch just drop me a line. If you can tell me where I got the name from and the significance of it I will even by you a drink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Burton said it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLQDW4ZqckQ&mode=related&search=