Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mental (re-) organisation and the digital cinema gods answer prayers

I had prayed to the gods of digital cinema to send us a special digital cinema project, partly because I'm too lazy and scared to go out and hunt for one this early on, and they have responded. It may yet turn out to be one of those "be careful what you wish for, for you might get" type of projects. But for now I am happy to have something to sink my digital baby teeth into.

Of course, there were a whole bunch of other digital cinema projects, ranging from small to large clients, lined up for Deluxe even prior to my arrival. (And did I mention that they handled the first European DCI-flavour JPEG2000 release when they did "Ice Age 2"?) But this one arrived in my Deluxe mail box in my first week on the job and I'm expected to deal with it. Let's see what if anything comes of it.

After the deluge weekend backlog of digital cinema news yesterday, nothing much to report today. Instead, this item from The Guardian's Diary section about a Pentagon initiative that must have been dreamt up by someone who never saw the USO Playboy Bunny show scene in Francis Ford Coppola's "Apocalypse Now":
Finally, visit purrfectangelz.com for hot shots of the California-based dance troupe the Pentagon has just thoughtfully dispatched to Baghdad and (can this be right?) Haditha to entertain US troops and advance its ongoing effort to win hearts and minds in this staunchly Muslim nation. If they can't beat the insurgency, we don't know what can.
I'd check out the website myself, but the (not-so smart) SmartFilter in our office blocks it for 'Nudity', so I'm guessing that's it's not just 'Charlie' that "don't surf" sites like that.

No comments: